Saturday, January 22, 2011

Coldest Time of the Winter.

We are in the mountains of Western Maryland today. Decided to have a long weekend of Snow Fun. Last night the temps were in the low single digits. With the wind chill it was in the negative numbers! Needless to say we did not go Tubing. It was just too cold. We did arrive about 6pm, so we settle into the rental home and then went out to the market and grabbed something to eat. The ride takes about 3 hours from our home to Wisp. There is plenty of snow here and it was snowing last night. The cross winds are wicked, blowing drifts across the road. Looking like little tornado's twisting in the plains of Oklahoma! Oh yes this is the winter here.

Today we plan on doing some Snowmobiling and then maybe some tubing. I will love to sit by the fire at wisp. When we were here a few weeks ago, There was a great fire at the ice-skating outdoor rink. The photo of it is above. I Love to sit by a fire in the outdoors, there is just something about fresh air and the smell of a burning fire. The warm and coldness at the same time. I takes me back to my younger years living in Colorado.

(Wisp, fire at the rink)

This will be the first time for me to do snowmobiling. Last season, I went snowshoeing while everyone went snowmobiling. I saw them flip it and then that was the end of that ride. I took me 30minutes to get to them. Due to the fact I was by the lake and had to go around it. I vowed I would never ride on one. Well here I am, going to drive one for the first time in my life! Everyone says I will love it, we will see.

The weather is suppose to be on the low teens this morning and the entire day, so we will layer up. maybe we will rent some cross country skis and do the Nordic trail afterward.

How the weather in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment


This is a English speaking blog, please leave you comment in English, It will not be published in any other language. I monitor all comments, Spam will be deleted.
Word Verification is back on due to Spam.