Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Honeysuckle - Ah the Smell......

While in Virginia I came across the Smell of Honeysuckle. That smell is one that you do not forget. Ones memories are triggered and off to memory-ville goes the thoughts. As a child, my Grandmother had it in her yard. I would pick it and take it in the house. The smell reminded me of that time. The search was on. We were at the beach...walking back on a boardwalk...stopping to use the outhouse. I was waiting for everyone to return...When the wind blew.... the nose got its' first whiff. I started to look around and there in the thick was a bounty of Honeysuckle. Camera in hand and the shutter clicking and zooming in to get that shot to take back the memory of that smell. Well, no Smell-o-vision available in this time period. Maybe soon, until then you can light a Honeysuckle candle, spray some honeysuckle in the air or rub on honeysuckle lotion and view these photos.
Click on the photo to enlarge



6 comments:

  1. I have to get out and take some photos in between the rain. We keep getting a lot of rain. Anastasia planted all the moss roses and marigolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you got to go out and look at honeysuckle and find the smell LOL..

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of Honeysuckle. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'd like to thank you for participating on the One lovely blog award!

    HAve a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. auntie,
    Wow, so many flowers in your blog site, I will introduce this wonderful site on my post.
    I will visit here often, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete


This is a English speaking blog, please leave you comment in English, It will not be published in any other language. I monitor all comments, Spam will be deleted.
Word Verification is back on due to Spam.